USS Cushing DD 797
January 1953 - August 1953 Cruise Book
Bring the Cruise Book to Life with this Multimedia Presentation
This CD will Exceed your Expectations
A great part of Naval history.
You would be purchasing the USS Cushing DD 797 cruise book during this time period. Each page has been placed on a CD for years of enjoyable computer viewing. The CD comes in a plastic sleeve with a custom label. Every page has been enhanced and is readable. Rare cruise books like this sell for a hundred dollars or more when buying the actual hard copy if you can find one for sale.
This would make a great gift for yourself or someone you know who may have served aboard her. Usually only ONE person in the family has the original book. The CD makes it possible for other family members to have a copy also. You will not be disappointed we guarantee it.
Some of the items in this book are as follows:
- Ports of Call: Norfolk, Panama, San Diego, Sasebo, Yokosuka, Tokyo. Manila, Singapore, Columbo, Aden, Athens, Genoa, Cannes and Algiers.
- Crossing the Equator
- Korean War Operations
- Task Force 77
- Ships Itinerary (Ports and Dates)
- Divisional Group Photos with Names
- Many Crew Activity Photos
- Plus, Much More
Over 261 Photos on Approximately 74 Pages.
Once you view this book you will know what life was like on this Destroyer during this time period.
- 20 Minute Audio of a "1967 Equator Crossing" (Not this ship but the Ceremony is Traditional)
- 6 Minute Audio of "Sounds of Boot Camp" in the late 50's early 60's
- Other Interesting Items Include:25 Hi Res Images of the "World War Two Memorial" in Washington DC
- The Oath of Enlistment
- The Sailors Creed
- Core Values of the United States Navy
- Military Code of Conduct
- Navy Terminology Origins (8 Pages)
- Examples: Scuttlebutt, Chewing the Fat, Devil to Pay,
- Hunky-Dory and many more.
Why a CD instead of a hard copy book?
- The pictures will not be degraded over time.
- Self-contained CD no software to load.
- Thumbnails, table of contents and index for easy viewing reference.
- View as a digital flip book or watch a slide show. (You set the timing options)
- Background patriotic music and Navy sounds can be turned on or off.
- Viewing options are described in the help section.
- Bookmark your favorite pages.
- The quality on your screen may be better than a hard copy with the ability to magnify any page.
- Full page viewing slide show that you control with arrow keys or mouse.
- Designed to work on a Microsoft platform. (Not Apple or Mac) Will work with Windows 98 or above.
Personal Comment from "Navyboy63"
If your loved one is still with us, they might consider this to be a priceless gift. Statistics show that only 25-35% of sailors purchased their own cruise book. Many probably wished they would have. It's a nice way to show them that you care about their past and appreciate the sacrifice they and many others made for you and the FREEDOM of our country.
If you have any questions, please send us an E-mail prior to purchasing.
Check our feedback. Customers who have purchased these CD's have been very pleased with the product.
Thanks for your Interest!
This CD is for your personal use only
Copyright ©Great Naval Images LLC. All rights reserved.